Wednesday, August 25, 2010

An Awkward Interaction

When I arrived at the White Center Jubilee Days parade at 10:00 on a dreary Saturday morning, I grimaced. Where is everyone? There were probably dozens of people lining the half-mile long parade route through white center. I don't like to complain about assignments, but this looked bleak. However, this bizarre situation made for one of my favorite photos of the summer. I think this interaction is fairly indicative of what I perceived as an overall sense of awkwardness that prevailed over the sparsely populated parade. I think the parade's theme of "Embrace Our Differences, Come Together" makes it that much better.

A man on a Segway dressed as Ronald McDonald speaks with motorcycle riders before the White Center Jubilee Days Parade on Sunday, July 18, 2010. This 87th White Center Jubilee Days is celebrated with the theme "Embrace Our Differences, Come Together".




No comments:

Post a Comment